Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Our floor...redone. So exciting!

The before...the after...and some in betweens...

Here is our living room before the carpet was ripped out.
Here is the little angel who left us with "blessings" all around the living room, thus the change of flooring. Here is where IO sits everyday waiting for her daily walk...or walks. Ok..it is time to get started. Smile boys. They were so excited to pose for each of my pictures!
Ok, this is the job I ended up doing. Yes. Brian called me the "cut guy" I am just going to take that as the highest compliment. This is called the mitre saw. Call me crazy, but I've got some mad skills behind the saw!


Tim made sure to mark our names down in history that we were here...and in love! I love you Tim Crowder!
Quick interjection of fun. I left for the weekend...not the one that worked on the floor.

Have you ever seen signs for Rock City? This is something we saw every time we went to Atlanta..which was a few times every year growing up. Steph and I were so excited to actually get to stop at Rock City, which was never allowed in the Darr trip. We laughed so much up here remembering how much we wanted to stop and realizing why dad wouldn't stop. I'm not going to lie to you...it was fun to have the memories, but dad was using his wisdom. Not quite as amazing as the signs might make you think....for over 250 miles out!
Cathy, Christy and the boys came up from Atlanta to meet up with us for the day. We all had a good time.



John Brown...John Brown...hmmm....Not the same one, this was of the abolitionist not the evangelist. I bet they would have gotten along well.


The big guns start bringing in the flooring...what a stallion!!!
Our wonderful friend Brian, who helped us through the entire process. Brian is a very skilled craftsman and he made our floor look like perfection. We are very blessed to have him and his wife Patsy as great friends!












Look at my precious Tim wearing his cute shirt with our picture on it! The verse on the shirt says "I have found the one whom my soul loves." So true!!
Ok, I'm not going to lie to you...the day started off slow. I was cracking up..to myself...I didn't know what to do to help for the first couple of hours. So, I changed my hair style about 4 times. None of which the guys noticed. (which I am ok with) These guys have become really close friends...so glad to have the Johnson's in our lives!!
And now...drum roll...the final product. We are so pleased. It makes this room look so much nicer. And now...it is time to decorate for Christmas. You can never start too early.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some amazing floors. Nice work! I like them a lot. And I love that you're going to decorate for Christmas...me too! I might start getting some boxes out today. Looks like you had a great time with your sis. So glad you could do that.

I miss you! Wanna come and see Jackson soon?

love you!

Courtney said...

Sweet floors Crowders! Good team work! Cindy, if I would have been there, I totally would have noticed and complimented all 4 hairstyles that day. Because that is what BFF's are for.
I am extremely impressed by the number of pictures you took the time to upload on your blog post. I get really cranky while uploading because I pretty much get an error message on every other picture. Does that happen to you, too? Anyways, great post. I love when people think ahead and take before and after pictures. It makes you feel part of the process. Love you!!

Hannah said...

love this glut of blogging all of the sudden!

yes, indeedeedo, i do believe at least one of us is a scallywag already.

i went to lookout mountain, too, about six weeks ago!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
The floors look great!! How is IO adjusting to the change? I love how you interjected our little trip to Chattanooga mid-project. I'm glad we got to visit Rock City together after all those years of longingly driving past stuffed into the station wagon, just hoping one day Dad would give in to the over-the-top marketing and let us See Rock City and See Ruby Falls. Well, we've finally made it!
LYLAS!
Steph

Anonymous said...

Good words.